How to I travel safely in times the Corona virus?Your well-being is our top priority and our objective at Camptoo is to let you experience the freedom of a camper holiday carefree. Now that the world is dealing with an outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we realize that it is extremely important to live up to the trust you place in us.
We have listened to the needs of our users and check the updates of the WHO (World Health Organization) on a daily basis. We work with our team of developers, product specialists, community managers and customer service specialists to develop the right solutions, which I would like to share with you.
Before your trip
- Don't have a paid reservation yet? Camping is the ideal way of travelling in time of COVID-19. You have the freedom to go where you like and if needed, you can easily change your destination.
We recommend you to book a self-sustaining vehicle, so that you have your own kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with you, which only you can access.
- Do you have a paid reservation? If you are leaving with a motorhome or caravan in the short term, it is important to check whether your travel destination is in a risk area.
- Should I change the dates? When travel restrictions suddenly change and you don't see any option to go to another destination, you can change the dates of you booking free of cost. Confirm a new date with the owner of the vehicle, this can be later in the summer, the same period next year or -if you don't know yet- temporarily change dates to f.i. November to avoid cancellation costs going up as time progresses. If you move the booking to a more expensive period, you only have to pay the difference. These are the steps:
- if you have an excess risk insurance, cancel this first in your booking overview
- in that same booking overview, click on 'I want to change my booking'
- fill in the new dates, and you'll see the new prices. Then click 'request date change'.
- The owner of the vehicle now gets your request. As soon as he/she confirms, you will receive a confirmation that the booking has been transferred to the new dates.
- Cancel the booking instead? We recommend moving the booking, as this can be done free of cost at all times, but you are free to cancel. Cancelling a booking with a pickup date after May 7 is always subject to standard cancellation terms.
During your trip
Travelling with a camper or caravan has a number of advantages. This is how best to make the most of it:
- Take ample supplies and fill up the water tank. You have your own kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with you, and only you can access.
- You decide where and when you go outside the vehicle. This way you are not exposed to other people close to you (and the associated risk of infection).
- You have the freedom to go where ever you feel like going every single day and may be able to change your travel destination to another (safer) region. Follow the guidelines of the WHO and avoid regions with limited travel advice.
- Check your gas bottles in advance. With filled gas bottles and a fully charged battery, you are completely self-sufficient and you can camp away from larger gatherings and crowds.
After the trip
If you have any doubts about your health after the trip, please let the owner and the Camptoo team know. The well-being of our community remains our top priority. We work together with our owners and provide assistance so that measures are taken to return the vehicle clean to the next tenant.