- 5.9 m
- 2.6 m
- Year built:
- km's included p/w:
- 838 km
- Manual transmission
- Driver licence:
- Seats while driving:
Welcome to Matilda, my beautiful adventure craft, This 2013 Mercedes Sprinter has been hand designed and converted by my Dad and I for my year long adventure around Australia; a tiny home on wheels! I just love the fact that you can pull in to any location, without getting out of your car walk through the secure steel door and everything is ready to go, no setting up, no hassle!
The van is completely self-sufficient running off a solar panel fixed to the roof, which mean free camps are possible. Van set up includes:
- double wok burner gas stove
- 3 separate sets of lights with dimmer switches
- full size sink with running water (150 L water tank)
- 85 L fridge
- USB charging ports
- gas hot water shower out the back
- 2 separate fans and an evaporative cooler
- Awning with outdoor furniture (floor mat, camp table and camp chairs)
- Super comfortable memory foam Koala bed - width of a queen and 5'10" long
- Plenty of storage space including hanging room
The van is fully insulated and is high enough to stand easily in. Sitting up high in the cab you feel like a truck driver but it drives as comfortably as a regular car and cruises along nicely at 110 km/hr with seriously amazing fuel economy and cruise control. The van fits in a standard size car space and is fit with a reverse camera.
- Kitchen unit
- Hot water
- Suitable for tall people
Side facing seats
- 2 Berths (Queen bed)
Strictly no smoking
- No off-road: this is a 2WD with low clearance; corrugation can cause damage to both the mechanical components and internal components making it an expensive holiday :(
- Must have unconditional manual license
- Tank must be refuelled prior to drop off with high-quality diesel
- All gas bottles must be turned off after each use
- Be aware of clearance (stick to at least 3 m clearance - ie no underground parking at shopping centres or drive throughs)
- Porta-potty must be emptied and cleaned if used
- All cupboards and drawers must be secured with their latches prior to driving
- Limit of equivalent of 300 km per day (25c/km thereafter)(this covers depreciation and cost of servicing which is done every 10000kms)
- Lastly please drive safely and treat Tilly with the same respect you would your own home as she has been mine :)
The insurance for the whole of Australia is included in the price.
- Accidental damage
Breakdown service included via RACQ.
The deposit for this camping vehicle is €1,250. The deposit will be returned to you after the rental period.